Buildings & Contents Insurance

Financially protect your property and it’s contents

What is Buildings & Contents Insurance?

If you own your own property, then it is really important to put Buildings & Contents insurance in place. This will ensure that should your property or its contents were to suffer any damage then you will be backed up by your insurance.

It is very common for buildings insurance to be a condition of your mortgage, as without it you could be putting your property and your mortgage in jeopardy, so it is important to consider the cost of rebuilding your property should it be damaged or destroyed.

How does Buildings & Contents Insurance work?

Buildings & Contents Insurance will cover the cost of rebuilding your property from the ground up, however, it is likely that it will differ from the market value of your property as it often includes fees for services including demolition, site clearance and materials too.

It is pretty standard for buildings insurance to cover:

  • Fire, smoke & explosions
  • Damage from storms, flood and natural disasters
  • Debris such as fallen trees, lamp posts and aerials
  • Vehicle or aircraft collisions
  • Vandalism
interior chosen 09

What does it cover?

It will depend on what type of policy you choose, but you may also be covered for outdoor structures around your home including garages, driveways and outside walls.

Buildings & Contents Insurance can be broken up into 3 options, however, it is possible to include all or some of these into one single policy.

For example, as a homeowner, it would be wise to consider all 3 options, however, if you are a Landlord then it may be more cost-effective to look at Landlord Insurance as this should cover everything you need under one policy.

tipping webb 30

What are the 3 options?

Buildings Insurance should cover any damage to your property’s structure including roofing, floors, walls, fixtures and fittings.

Contents Insurance will cover your personal belongings including furniture, TV’s and some flooring such as carpet. The easiest way to put it is, if your property were to be turned upside down, then everything that falls out of it should be covered.

Accidental Damage will ensure that your belongings are covered against accidental damage. Although, this doesn’t tend to be standard with a policy so you may need to request this to be added to your policy.

interior other 01

How much is Buildings & Contents Insurance?

A good way to work out an approximate value to your belongings is to imagine what you may need to replace in the event of a fire. How much what it cost to replace everything?

Your insurance may not be the same as your neighbours, as there are many factors that determine premiums including:

  • Your location
  • The number of bedrooms you have
  • The age of your property
  • What materials your property is made from
  • Any built-in fittings, eg, ovens and baths
  • If you have any outdoor buildings, such as a garage

There are different levels of cover available once you have considered all of the above.

tipping webb 47

How can Tipping & Webb help?

At Tipping & Webb our clients are at the heart of everything that we do, and we feel that we have a duty of care to ensure that our clients’ needs are fully met. This is why we offer our clients a full financial review of income, assets, outgoings, lifestyle and most importantly your needs for now and the future.

We also make sure that we take the time to get to know you and your circumstances so that we can fully understand and advise what kind of cover would be suitable. We appreciate that circumstances may change, which is why the service our advisers provide never ends. Because we want to ensure that the cover you have is right for you, at every period of your life.

If you would like a bit more information about Buildings & Contents Insurance, get in touch with a member of our friendly team today who will be happy to help.

Speak to us about Buildings & Contents Insurance

Contact us

What our customers say